The Perfume Connection is concerned about the safety and security of our customers. We have put a number of protections in place to ensure that your transactions are extremely safe and that your information is secure.
We are not just an Internet website. We have been in business for over 11 years with a national network of over 50 retail locations. We are a well established, profitable and stable national retail chain.
When transacting via our secure server, your credit card and personal details are encrypted using the latest military standard SSL (Secure Socket Layer) 128 Bit encryption technology before being sent over the internet. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read as the information travels over the Internet. You can tell you are in secure (SSL) mode when a little padlock appears on the bottom of the screen.
Your credit card number is removed from our on-line server within one minute of it arriving and is stored on a separate secure server which is not accessible via the internet at all.
If you are still unsure about sending your credit card to us via the Internet, then we suggest you use one of our additional payment methods.
Security is a 2-way street and it is up to you to ensure you protect your information. Please read our security tips:
• If using a public computer or terminal, always log out when you complete an online session.
• Keep your passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account.
• When creating a password, use at least 8 characters--a combination of letters and numbers is best. Do not use your name, e-mail address, or other personal information that can be easily obtained. It is also recommended that you frequently change your password.
• Avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
• The Perfume Connection will never e-mail or call a customer and ask that they disclose or verify their perfumeconnection.com.au password, credit card, or banking account number. Such information should only be submitted when completing an order on perfumeconnection.com.au, contacting The Perfume Connection directly, or when making updates to the Your Account.
• If you are contacted by, or receive an unsolicited e-mail from an unknown entity, and are asked to confirm or provide your password or personal or banking information, simply disregard the request and report the incident to The Perfume Connection for investigation.